Maintaining a healthy diet during pregnancy is important for both the mother and the growing baby in the womb. This does not mean you keep eating the entire day with no limit. Instead, you should plan out a healthy diet chart that suits your body and lifestyle. The healthy diet chart should have nutrient-rich foods and beverages.
Here are top 10 pregnancy diet tips that would help you through the nine months with a smile.
- Eat high fibre foods: Since pregnancy and constipation are common. Having high fibre foods that contain fruits and leafy vegetables can help you avoid digestion related issues faced during pregnancy.
- Drink milk: During pregnancy, the mother experiences changes in her body as she makes space for the baby to grow. Milk and other dairy products are good for strengthening bones and also provide Vitamin D. It also enables proper baby’s development.
- Drink plenty of water: Since your body is at a task, it is important to keep it hydrated. It also soothes your mood and anxiety levels.
- Have protein diet: Protein intake is crucial during pregnancy. Among the various protein source foods, eggs are the best source of protein. It helps plenty of minerals, vitamins including choline. It is good source of food that can help in the development of brain and spinal cord of your baby. Other protein rich foods such as lentils, peanuts and peas are excellent source of iron, folate, potassium and magnesium.
- Keep carbohydrates on menu always: Wholegrains are rich in fibre, vitamins and plant compounds, and provide you the much-needed energy. A superfood that helps you overcome the nausea during pregnancy.
- Snack up dry fruits: Walnut is rich source of plant-based omega-3s. It is also a good source of magnesium, fibre and protein. A handful of walnuts and other dry fruits can be a great snack during pregnancy will power you with energy, a tested remedy to constipation and works as wonder antioxidant for the body.
The bottom line remains that during pregnancy one should have nutrient dense foods with a well-planned out diet chart that is loaded with list of all superfoods that provide you the essential vitamins, proteins and fibre.